Monday, November 27, 2006

A Beautiful Day in New England


Here is a picture of a few of my fairies hanging out in a plant on my deck. A sunny warm day, I took a nice long walk and enjoyed it. I am getting ready to start a new project but don't want to stay in on such a great day. Maybe I will start tomorrow. I am a co-president of a local non-profit art group that raises money to help fund the art programs in our public schools. We have our annual party for the arts this coming March and I am contemplating what I will make for my donation to the silent auction. Our theme this year is "Art of the Box". I am trying to get members of the community to take part in a round robin, creating "boxes" for the auction as well. I am itching to start a mixed media box incorporating wool felt with copper and polymer clay elements. I have discovered the wonders of fusible web and am planning a few experiments for later this week. I'll let you know the results. Let's hope tomorrow is cloudy and cold so that I will want to hunker down in my studio and get a few things done!

No comments: