Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Goodbye old friend, I will miss you



As days turn to years it seems as if it has been forever since I last caught a glimpse of you. I believe it was just before you left the east coast for good. You were in search of a better life. One that you found in Washington with your birth family and your true love, your wife Terry.

If it hadn't been for email we probably would have fallen out of touch all together. Thank God for email. I am glad for the quick updates that we passed back and forth all of these years.

It makes me smile to think of you, you funny, funny man. Always quick with some kind of crazy funny antic or goofy saying. You make me laugh when I hear myself telling my girls to boogie boogie boogie. Your love of life has been a gift to me in my life. Your spirit will live on in everyone that knew you here. That self deprecating humor that put everyone at ease when your swim shorts split as you jumped off the diving board. I think about your old VW. The one you spray painted black with the fuzzy dashboard. I remember when you got it over 100 mph on our way to New York from Tanglewood. We thought that it was going to self destruct it shook so bad. Lots and lots of fond memories, thank you for every minute. You will be missed. My friend Jim.

Lots of Love to all who loved you.

No comments: